India is fast emerging as the Engineering and Design hub for various vertical domains of Automobiles, Aerospace, Consumer electronics, Machinery, Semiconductor, Telecom, Construction, Industrial automation, Medical devices, Energy and Computing. It is home to over 1100+ companies, who provide scalable and domain rich talent pool and offer cutting edge solutions reducing the cycle time for new product creation, design agility, after market capabilities etc.
The ER&D eco-system in the country include Manufacturing Organization having design capabilities, Global Corporations that have their design centres in India, Engineering Service providers from India, Engineering and Defence Public Sector Units, SMEs and Academia.
With a view to strengthen the momentum of ER&D activities and aspirations of ER&D providers, nasscom has created a separate council to focus on this segment. Council Members include representatives from diverse vertical segments including engineering service providers, global in house centres, manufacturing organizations and SMEs in the space.
Revenue- > $24 Billion USD
Global Sourcing Share 28%
ER&D Companies 1500+
Catalyse the vision of Engineered in India and help India emerge as the leading destination for Digital Engineering solutions
- ChairKarthikeyan Natarajan Executive Director & COO, Cyient
- Immediate Past ChairAjay Prabhu President, Technology Services Quest Global
- Madhumit Dixit SVP & Head, ERS HCL Technologies
- Manas Das Sr Director, India Business Operations Intel
- Ravishankar Rao Director – Strategy and Operations, Engineering India Site Cisco
- Reguraman Ayyaswamy SVP & Head, IoT, Engineering and Industrial Services Tata Consultancy Services
- RK Shenoy SVP, Mobility Engineering Bosch
- Savyasachi Srinivas Executive Director Collins Aerospace
- Ashish Khushu Chief Technology Officer L&T Technology Services
- Sumit Sood Group VP & Head of APAC Global Logic
- Supria Dhanda Business Leader Western Digital
- Narasimham RV Senior VP & Global Head, Integrated Engineering Solutions Tech Mahindra
- Chandra Reddy EVP & MD India GEC Capgemini Engineering
- Dileep Mangsuli Head of Development Centre Siemens Healthineers
- Kalavathi GV Head- Philips Innovation Campus- Bangalore, India Philips
- GNV Subba Rao Global Head, Quality & Operations, Industrial Automation Business Area ABB
- Design led Manufacturing as the key imperative for Make in India program.
- Special Interest Groups for the growth verticals of Auto, Aero, C&HE, Telecom and Semiconductor to address the common challenges faced.
- Research on new market and emerging opportunities and use case on the innovative capacity built by Engineering and Design sector from India for destination for the world beyond scalable talent.
- Nasscom Engineering summit
- Nasscom SIG programs
- Building content and curriculum for Engineering talent.
- Centre of Excellence for Internet of Things (IoT).
- Mentorship initiative for SMEs.
- Build a capability hub in India for domains like Product Engineering, Embedded software, Engineering Analytics, Digital Engineering.
- Explore the market in APAC and Europe and branding Indian engineering capabilities
- Enterprise connect to develop an Eco system for the overall growth of the emerging and growth verticals
- Expanding the domestic market through focus on indigenization and self-reliance effort for make in India program
- Enable the ease of doing business wrt SEZ policies, Defense offsets programs
- Taxation issues on Transfer pricing , Service tax related matters
- Enable Government policies to make India as the R&D hub. Some of the key thrust areas include - providing inputs on defence offsets, IOT Policy, Design led manufacturing etc.
- CoE - IoT
Talent and Skill Development
- An initiative with DeiTY and ERNET and nasscom on a PPP model, with nasscom and ERNET being Program Implementation Partner.
- Purpose of expanding the product, service opportunities and maximizing solution stack across value chain to enable India to leapfrog in IoT space.
- Be a market player for Design, prototype to realizing product by harnessing creative capability of Academia, Industry, start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- Address industry requirements of skilled manpower.
- Formulate curriculum relevant to Industry talent skill requirements.
- Enable onboarding of students trained in the curriculum via campus recruitments.
- Assess student acumen and intervene to update curriculum.
- Showcase capability built by engineering Industry in meeting defence requirement.
- Provide a platform for collaboration between DPSU and Engineering Industry in reducing defence equipment imports.
- Provide fillip to indigenization efforts.